Chris Brown Responds to Karrueche Tran’s Abuse and Death Threat Allegations

News of Karrueche Tran filing for a restraining order against estranged boyfriend R&B entertainer Chris Brown first broke late February when the actress/model accused Brown of making threats to her life. The two had quite the tumultuous relationship over the period of their on-again off-again five-year relationship where cheating, a reappearance from Rihanna, and a baby outside of the relationship was conceived.

That was the final straw for Tran, who broke up with Brown in March 2015, after TMZ broke the news and she found out about Brown’s baby with a mutual associate on Twitter. Brown had been trying to get her back (putting her name in songs, popping up uninvited to her outings, professing love in the comment section of IG photos) before breaking out into abusive tirades and earlier this year, Tran decided that she needed a 100-yard temporary restraining order after revealing in a sworn statement to a federal judge that Brown had reportedly told others he would “take me out” and that he “threatened to shoot me,” per TMZ.

The order was granted, especially after Tran let it be known that years ago the crooner had punched her twice in the stomach and shoved her down the stairs and it was implied that she didn’t say anything because he was still on probation because of the Rihanna domestic violence debacle that he pled guilty to.

Despite all of this transpiring over the past few months, Brown has been rather silent on his end. That is, until it was revealed last week that Tran would be testifying in court about the abuse she incurred from Brown during their relationship because she is seeking a permanent restraining order from Brown.

Brown broke his silence Monday (May 8) and says to the public that he is the one being victimized in this situation, not Tran.

In a post uploaded by Baller Allert’s Instagram account with a photo titled “Karrueche Tran Ready to go Toe-to-Toe with Chris Brown Over Abuse Claims and Alleged Death Threats”, Brown made it known how he feels about all of this going around, and feels that he is the one being preyed on solely because of his past.

In the comment section, he wrote, “[I’m] so sick of these thirsty adults. Her team is trying their best. For what? No one has served me and the lengths they are going, I should call them stalkers. What’s even more f*cked up is that, they played off my past by saying I abused her. C’mon now, opening old wounds to make Kae a victim, that’s some evil sh*t. Sad part, y’all believe it. ‘Leave her alone.’ Provoking me to spazz so they can have something. Notice this sh*t happens when they need to promote something. No one cares, especially me. That’s why I’m being slandered. Nobody will care about them if my name isn’t involved. I want nothing to do with her. You think I wanna chase or still be with someone who would try to destroy me? She doesn’t need a restraining order from me. I need one from them.”

Brown followed up that comment with another one that reiterated the truth that Tran had never served papers to him, despite what the media tried to report last week in regards to being served on his birthday. “I will not just accept papers from any lawyer and I will not go to court to admit guilt to further tarnish who I am.”

Brown continued, “I pled guilty to Rihanna because I was. I refuse to allow these evil hearted people to label me and lie because they think it will skyrocket their career. Just stay away from me.”

You know what they say about stories. There’s always three sides: his side, her side, and the actual truth. Hopefully, a fruitful resolution will come about for both parties involved.

See Brown’s full comments on the ordeal below.

Ballerific Comment Creepin —- #chrisbrown #commentcreepin

A post shared by Baller Alert (@balleralert) on

Photo Credit: PR Photos

Sheriden Chanel is a twenty-something writer, Beyoncé enthusiast, and lover of all things visual art. Keep up with her and her musings on social via @indiebyline.