Anthony Mackie Joins Cast of ‘The Avengers: Age of Ultron’

AnthonyMackie

Actor Anthony Mackie has been cast as The Falcon once again in the upcoming summer blockbuster The Avengers: Age of Ultron, according to GotchaMovies.com.

Mackie broke out as superhero favorite The Falcon in the April release of  Captain America: The Winter Soldier and now it’s confirmed that he will take on the role again much to his delight. He stated in an recent interview that the news was a last minute surprise.

“Chris (Evans) is a good friend of mine. The movie starts in three weeks. I know he’s read the script. He’s like, ‘Yo, man, I read the Avengers script. It’s good. ‘ I was like, ‘Really?’ He said, ‘Yeah, Joss is doing rewrites, but it’s good. I was like, ‘Great! So … am I in it?’ And he says, ‘I’ve got to go. I’ll be back.’ What do you mean” Why can’t you just tell me if I’m in the movie? No one would tell me, not one person, so I gave up on it,” he said in the interview.

Eventually, he was surprised with the answer to his question.

Mackie will join a cast that includes Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man), Chris Evans (Captain of America), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Mark Ruffalo (Hulk) and Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow). In addition, Samuel L. Jackson will portray the U.S. Army veteran spy, Nick Fury.

Avengers: Age of Ultron hits theaters on May 1, 2015

(Photo Credit: Mike Coppola/Getty Images for the 2014 Tribeca Film Festival)

12 Comments

1. mrkushman ha

June 26, 2014 at 7:38 pm

“So….Am I in it?”
    “I’ve got to go.”
    lol…

2. William Parcell

June 27, 2014 at 3:07 am

How much is he going to be in the film? Joss said a while back that filming was almost half way done. I was hoping he was going to be in it, but it seems strange for him to join in so late in filming.

3. Joss Well-done

June 27, 2014 at 3:44 am

I assume it’s just a cameo role. We’ve already got 7 main Avengers (from Iron Man to Quicksilver) and don’t forget War Machine* and Vision are stated to appear, too.
    If Falcon has a large role, the director risks throwing in too many characters and with that, there’s always a bunch of problems. Still, great to see him in it 😀

*yes, I said War Machine. Sorry, I don’t know of any Iron Patriot?

4. Jayson Lynde

June 27, 2014 at 10:25 pm

Captain of America? There shouldn’t be an “of.” Must be a typo.

5. Sakib

June 28, 2014 at 2:30 am

It was a March release in the UK!

Also I would like to mention that the cast also includes Jeremy Renner, Elizabeth Olsen, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Cobie Smulders, Paul Bettany, James Spader, Thomas Kretschmann, Kim Soo-hyun, Don Cheadle and possibly Clark Gregg. In addition to these, there might also be Gwyneth Paltrow and maybe even Sebastian Stan!

6. Zuzu

June 28, 2014 at 8:40 pm

Clark Gregg and Sebastian Stan are not going to be in this film. Coulson has to keep pretending he’s dead like a weasle and Bucky’s arc is saved for the cap films.

7. Sakib

June 29, 2014 at 12:39 am

@Zuzu: I did use the words “possibly” and “maybe”. I think there is a chance they could be in it and might not have announced yet as they want it to be a surprise, like in a cameo capacity, obviously not main characters.

8. Nikki

June 29, 2014 at 5:51 pm

What would add to this perfection is if Sebastian Stan returns as “Bucky”. That is all.

9. NickAdam33

June 30, 2014 at 9:25 pm

This isn’t true. Nothing is confirmed as to him being in the cast. Nothing has been confirmed. Nothing from Variety, Marvel, Hollywood Reporter. No. You’re wrong.

10. tabaqui

July 1, 2014 at 6:00 pm

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

11. SariRainMJ

July 5, 2014 at 5:26 am

But at the end of the season of Agents of SHIELD, Coulson was made the new director of the now underground SHIELD organization. He doesn’t really have to keep pretending he’s dead… especially with all of SHIELD’s secrets having been revealed when Romanoff uploaded everything to the internet at the end of Cap:TWS. So, IDK why you think he has to keep pretending he’s dead?? What makes you say that? (Also, this is sort of why you have to watch everything within the MCU, because it’s all connected.)

12. SariRainMJ

July 5, 2014 at 5:27 am

I’m with you. I’ve only seen it from two small, not very reputable sites thus far.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login